Initiation to oenology Saint Émilion - Wine and chocolate pairing
Start this introduction to oenology with a sensory visit of the property, the vineyards and the winery. Then, continue with an introduction to oenology through a commented tasting of Saint-Emilion Grands Crus wines accompanied by chocolates from the artisan Denis Daubos.
Indicate the number of children when choosing the date and time slot
The initiation tooenologyincludes:
- The visit of the vineyards with a presentation of the different terroirs thanks to samples. You will benefit from explanations on the growth of the vine and the stages of the work of the vine on the HVE3 vineyard (High Environmental Value, level 3, the highest). Then you will participate in a workshop to recognize the different characteristic aromas of these grape varieties.
- The visit of the cellar with a presentation of the different techniques of wine making and the ageing in barrels You will be able to participate in a sensory workshop on the touch of tannins in the mouth and a workshop on the aromas of wood with samples of different barrel toast.
- An introduction to oenology: discover the different stages of sensory tasting and the vocabulary of wine.
- A commented tasting of three Saint-Emilion Grands Crus from Château Pas de l’Âne paired with chocolates from the artisan Denis Daubos.
- Delivery of a placemat on the steps of tasting and wine vocabulary.
The initiation to oenology takes place at Château Pas de l’Âne in Saint-Émilion. It can be done from 10am to 7pm, Monday to Sunday, including holidays, depending on availability. The price of the visit is 15€ per person. The workshop is free for children under 10 years old and 5€ for children from 10 to 17 years old (wine and chocolate syrups).
To reserve a slot, contact us via the contact section, or by email at email@example.com or 0631824366.